하나님께 가까이 함이 내게 복이라(시편73:28)

성도를 온전하게하여 하나님의 나라를 세워가는 교회

9.18.2016. John 20:24-29 “to prove”

• 작성자 : 김재은
  • 조회 : 1,921
  • 16-09-20 00:46

People often misunderstand that Thomas was a doubter and didn’t have enough faith. But Thomas was a person who loved Jesus very much and had a faith in Him. If we look at the book of John, Chapter 11:16, we can see who Thomas truly was. It is the story about Jesus wanted to go to Judea for saving Lazarus’ life and in that event, Thomas said to the rest of the disciples that "Let us also go, that we may die with him.” He even had a willing heart to die with Jesus.

When Jesus crucified on the cross, Thomas might be left with a huge shock and shut down his mind. I believe it was a very hard situation for him to believe anything at that point.

We could also close our mind for certain period of times if we unexpectedly lost a person who we loved a lot. Besides we are men and weak because of our nature, it is not easy for us to believe someone with the bottom of our true heart. In that sense, we cannot judge him that he was a doubter because we’re living out with more doubtable minds than Thomas had sometimes.

Thomas, however, was a very important person in this chapter even though he was weak and doubtable because we see Jesus’ resurrection more clearly through the doubts of Thomas, thus, Thomas proved the resurrection

Sometimes when we read the Bible or have the worship, we might have certain doubts about Jesus or the Bible, but it is not so bad than we worried because it is ok to have a doubt if we are still searching out the faith and looking for God’s grace. Our doubts could be transformed to the faith through the Holy Spirit eventually like Jesus used Tomas’ doubt to prove His resurrection.

I however wish and pray that as Thomas finally believed and said to Jesus, “My Lord and my God!” we also be able to get out of the tunnel of doubts and confess our faith to the Lord our God!

사람들은 도마가 의심이 많고 믿음이 없는 사람이라고 오해합니다. 그러나 도마는 예수님을 사랑하고 믿음이 있는 사람이었습니다. 요한복음 11 16절을 보면 예수님께서 나사로를 살리러 가려고 할 때에 위험을 무릎 쓰고 다른 제자들에게우리도 주와 함께 죽으러 가자 하니라라고 말한 것을 보면 알 수 있습니다.

예수님을 너무나 사랑했던 도마는 십자가에 달려 돌아가신 예수님을 보고 큰 충격을 받았습니다.

도마가 그토록 사랑하며 섬겼던 예수님의 죽음을 본 그는 마음의 문을 닫았습니다. 그렇기 때문에 그가 누군가를 믿는다는 것은 매우 힘든 일이 되었습니다.

이것은 도마만 아니라 우리도 마찬가지입니다. 인간으로서 연약한 우리들이 누군가를 믿는 다는 것은 결코 쉬운 일이 아닙니다. 아마도 우리는 도마보다 더 많은 의심을 하며 살고 있을 것입니다. 그러나 이렇게 약하고 의심이 많았던 도마는 본문에서 매우 중요한 역할을 합니다. 우리는 도마의 의심을 통해 예수님께서 부활 하셨다는 것을 확실히 볼 수 있습니다. 도마의 의심은 예수님의 부활을 증명했습니다.

때론 우리는 의심을 하기 때문에 의심을 떨쳐버리기 위해 성경을 읽고 더 깊이 알기 위해 예배를 드립니다. 놀라운 사실은 이러한 가운데 성령님을 통해 그 의심이 변하여 믿음이 됩니다. 도마가나의 주님 나의 하나님이라고 고백한 것처럼 우리도 의심의 터널을 빠져 나와 날마다나의 주님 나의 하나님이라고 고백할 수 있기를 기도합니다.

댓글목록